Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kaleidoscope Project

This project certainly required a lot of steps. I started out by taking a picture of this plant with berries on it. I thought the berries would look really cool if they were all different colors. 



Here is the original 4x4 Image


I started out by creating a color pallet of all my favorite colors. I created two shades of green because I wanted one of the four variations to be distinguished by two shades of green on the leaves. Actually, after taking this screen shot, I added a royal blue to the pallet. 


I then started tracing the leaves and filling them with the different shades of green. Then, I chose white for the stroke color on the veins. I thought it made the picture "pop." Then I began filling each berry with different colors:







After that, I did four variations. I kept all the berries the same color but changed the color of the leaves each time. I copied them all into an 8x8 project and came up with this:



Since this picture features all of my favorite colors, I like it. I also like the negative space that pops out when looking at it. 


Outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment